Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Making placemat purses at the PJ party




Last Friday I hosted another PJ party at my Studio and we made Placemat Purses. They are SO quick and easy, and make great gifts! Some couldn't stop at just one!

Sheri made two.........

Chele
Faye
Sam

Nicki

Emma..made another one with quilted black fabric

Natalie
made another one but got away before I could grab another picture

And mine.......Sheri found these placemats at Home Goods and so graciously let me have one. We used big wide handles and secured them with an ultrasuede tab.I embroidered my initial on the placemat before sewing it together. And had to CAREFULLY sew the tabs on to avoid the shell buttons. I removed the end buttons so I could sew it together.

I'm working on a quick little tutorial...

2 comments:

SandyQuilts said...

Adorable ... all of them. I'm looking forward to your tutorial.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Those are great!!! you are a great teacher!!