Monday, November 16, 2009

A Simple Woman's Daybook- Nov. 16



The Simple Woman's Daybook is done each Monday. Check it out......

FOR TODAY November 16, 2009 from Karen's Daybook...

Outside my window...a little gray today, and all the leaves are gone. Nice day to catch up on paperwork

I am thinking...if I buckle down, I can get all my Christmas done BEFORE Thanksgiving, allowing me time to enjoy the grandkids

I am thankful for...so many blessings God has bestowed on me........now I need to share MORE with others

From the learning rooms...I would like to learn how to do a Digital Scrapbook page as our Christmas letter this year......anyone know where to go for help?

From the kitchen..shhh, I know Thanksgiving is not until NEXT week, but I'm thawing a turkey out right now to cook tomorrow. Since we are going to my brother's for Thanksgiving, we won't get the leftovers that are so awesome after a big turkey dinner. So, I'm doing it ahead of time!

I am wearing...my new pj's!

I am creating...tote bags for all my daughter's staff. She has 9 people that work with her, so I better get on the ball

I am going...to my brother's and his family for Thanksgiving. I'm really excited. It's been at least 15 years since we've celebrated Thanksgiving together.

I am reading...and finishing up "Don't Waste Your Life" by John Piper (for my Bible Study)

I am hoping...to get all my Christmas decorations up BEFORE we leave for my brother's, so when we return, we are ready for Christmas!

I am listening to.... Theme from A Summer Place by Percy Faith........it's such an old song, but it's such a nice easy song to throw you back to yesteryear. You can listen to it if you scroll down to the bottom of my blog and see it on the playlist.

Around the house...hubby surprised me Saturday by putting up our huge Christmas tree while I was teaching all day. Thanks Kirt! One less thing for me to do!

One of my favorite things... getting inspired by so many Godly women. But I need to learn to read less of what THEY are doing and do it more myself!

A few plans for the rest of the week: work on my new class schedule and samples, doing some Christmas shopping

Here is picture I am sharing...........this is my youngest granddaughter and I might have shared this photo before, but I could just sit and gaze at her all day long.........my heart just almost bursts with love for those little ones. God is SO good to reward us with grandchildren AFTER we have raised our own. And such a reward they are..couldn't you just eat her up?
Now go out and have a great day and go hug a grandkid.......or your kids..........or any kid!

2 comments:

Stephani Cochran said...

Really like your site. I rarely get all my Christmas stuff done before Thanksgiving, but when I have it has made the season so much more peaceful and enjoyable. Good luck in getting that accomplished!

Patty said...

Sweet picture. The digital scrapbook sounds like a neat idea, sorry I can't help. I'm afraid I don't know much about that. I enjoyed your daybook. Have a great day.