Saturday, February 03, 2007

Do you fuse?

Do you use fusible web? What is your favorite type? I used to be a loyal fan of Heat and Bond LITE and then I was forced to use Steam a Seam II for a project and with a change in how to use it a bit, found that I might like that a bit better. Quilter's Home magazine just had an article in the Jan. 2007 issue regarding fusibles and their differences. And it's funny how even those quilters differed in opinions. So, what's your favorite? Scroll down the side bar and vote for your favorite fusible web. I'm going to leave that up until late February, so come back and visit to view all the results.

11 comments:

Eileen said...

I haven't used a lot of fusible web, so I can't vote. But I am taking a class with Esterita Austin at the end of May, and she'll be using her Misty Fuse. I'll try to remember to post whether I like it or not.

The Calico Cat said...

I'm gonna have to look at my package... do remind us to vote. BTW I LOVE the poll!

quiltpixie said...

I laughed at the article when I saw it as I use awhole variety of fusibles depending on the effect I want! I think each has its place -- I absolutely love the stiff pasticy feel when I'm making postcards, but owuld hate it on a fused applique quilt!

Carol said...

I just ordered some Misty Fuse, which we've heard lots of positive things about...I'll let you know what I think.

Granny said...

Not much of a fuser but I'll be watching the voting results. Never know when I might have to use some.

His Office, My Studio said...

I use alot of Wonder Under and Heat N Bond all flavors. Love them both.

Mary Johnson said...

I do fuse - tried heat and bond once and had a terrible time with it so I stick to Steam a Steam 2 or wonder under.

Darlene said...

When I do fuse I prefer Steam A Seam 2.

Susan said...

I always bought Aleene's and they don't make it any longer. When I run out of my bolt of it, I don't know what I'll pick. =(

Meredith said...

I had an applique teacher who said it was the "F" word. Whateve works for you.

The Calico Cat said...

I voted for heat & Bond light becasue that is what I have - not becasue I have tested & that is my favorite...