Friday, April 09, 2010

More finishes

As I was updating my Excel spreadsheet on the status of all my quilt projects (yes, I have THAT many to warrant a spreadsheet!) and I realized that I have finished 17 projects so far this year!  As in FINISHED—quilted, binding on AND label! I won’t allow myself to call it finished and put in the DONE column until it has a label. I’ve seen too many quilts without labels because they think they’ll get to it later and then later never happens, or worse, they can’t remember when they made it!  Okay—I admit, I once was guilty of that, but no more. Actually, I’ve done that for years, just for my own memory’s sake. 

Now I feel better about being absent from my blog, I’ve been sewing! and sewing…and sewing!  A little cooking, laundry, treadmill work and minimal cleaning thrown in, but mostly sewing.

Here’s more that I have finished this year:

Disappearing 9 Patch

P9290001

I loved how simple this quilt was, yet so striking. I wasn’t liking the D9P (as it’s also called) being totally scrappy, so opted for a bit more planned version. Fits perfect on my kitchen table.

Circle Game

P9290004

This was done using Lollipop’s Bindings, which are GREAT.  Her bindings come in lots of fun colors and she also sells kits to use them in as well.   IMG_0015My granddaughter chose this as her new quilt at Nana’s. All the kids have quilts that are just theirs when they come stay here. They noticed a few months ago that they have kind of outgrown their original baby quilts. And since the oldest granddaughter got to pick out a new quilt (that was on my design wall at the time), they wanted to as well. So I showed them all the quilt tops in line waiting to be quilted if they wanted one soon. ;)  I had the most adorable quilt picked out for the Divine Miss M, but she kept saying, ‘or you could keep it’.  LOL  I finally got the hint and let her choose her own and this was it.

Salt Water Taffy

Salt Water Taffy (2)

a class I taught about 1 1/2 years ago and my grandson decided he would like that to be his new quilt at Nana’s.  Good incentive to get it quilted!Salt Water Taffy

that’s it for today…more coming.

6 comments:

Nana's Quilts said...

Lovely to see that you're still sewing - even if you don't have enough time left over for blogging. Sorry that there are some challenges just these days, but as you say - things seems to have a reason even if we don't know them, always.

A note to follow in email.
Happy April.
Marne

M Hastings said...

Love your quilts!! Beautiful!

Susan said...

Hi - I found your blog after going through a long list of Sewing Rooms that I found at http://www.younge.com/sewing%20rooms.htm

Firstly I just love the "studio" - at this stage I would be happy for jsut one room!. And secondly have enjoyed reading your last few posts.

Will be adding your blog to minse so I can keep up witht the happenings.
I have no idea where you live - I assume USA - but adding a retreat at your place to my I mpossible Bucket List!
Susan
http://susans-sewing-space.blogspot.com/

Lois Evensen said...

Beautiful Quilts! I especially like the salt water taffy design.

:),
Lois

WesternWilson said...

I love the way you added a touch of planning to your D9P (disappearing 9 patch)!! Very clever and a really nice quilt. I am going to try a little deliberate colour play, as you have, in my next D9P. Thanks!

Pear said...

I stumbled across your blog today and love it.

I posted the circle game quilt on my blog today. I'm going to be a grandmother in August for the first time. I love that quilt.

www.pearmcgee.blogspot.com