So, here is Pink Pinwheels. I taught this as a class and we used the QuiltSmart fusibles (this one was called Black Eyed Susans--but my pink made them look more like pinwheels) to make the pinwheels. Awesome way to do this block. But I set it aside..ahem...4 years ago!! Because I thought I would want to do a special border on it and couldn't decide. So into the thinking bin it went and left it there.
|Pink Pinwheel top|
So, I sketched out a border design that I was sure would be awesome. Made the paper pieced patterns to make it easy on myself.
|Border design sketch and pp pattern|
Made the first piece of the border (the bottom would have been a mirror image) and
DID. NOT. LIKE. IT.
I just love the thought of it, but it was not working for me on this quilt. Sheesh, back to square one. I hauled out all sorts of fabrics. Pinks, blacks, white on black, black on white and the only one that fit was a pink one that had flowers that sort of looked like the pinwheels.
|Pink Pinwheel Border trial|
I tried adding a small little border in between the top and bigger border. Nope. Didn't work either. So after all that, I ended up with a plain border out of one fabric! And it waited 4 years! Yowsa! I need to get better on that one! LOL
|Pink Pinwheel Back|
I lucked out and had a piece of fabric large enough for the back. All that figuring on the front wore my brain out for the week and I relished the thought of doing a plain back. I know, not my style.
Back to quilting....