Saturday, June 17, 2006
Here it is...the very last of the fabric, cut into little pieces, all the little "trimmings" and I added little bits of bright yarns to make this FABRIC BOWL. .... So there it is, my challenge that literally used 100% of my fabric. It was hard to get a good picture of it. I made it by laying all the fabric pieces, etc. in between layers of Super Solvy, stitched in grids, diagonally and then a little bit of free motion and washed it almost all out, but left a bit of the Solvy in to hold the shape. I draped it over a bowl to form it. If you wash the Solvy completely out, it would have been flimsy with no form or shape.
And so to reward myself (I've also been cleaning out scrap bins, and have made 2 things already...another chapter), I bought this: more pinks/blacks as I'm doing a room in those colors so it really was necessary! :) And then that poppy print--I just loved it! so I bought a little fabric to go with it because I KNOW that I won't have anything to go with it at home.
Coming to you from Passionate Quilter at 7:17 PM