Thursday, August 23, 2007

Summer Garden


Nope--don't have one except one lone tomato plant. I'm referring to a quilt I designed a few years ago to teach people how to do prairie points. Most of the time the prairie points are on the outside of the quilt and applied AFTER the quilting is done--kind of hard to teach a class like that! LOL So I made a quilt that had them on the interior of the quilt. I just taught this class again last week..so thought I would share.
Speaking of tomatoes...I was searching for a good tomato/basil/mozzarella salad and I think I was on Judy's blog to start and somehow ended up on Libby's blog--and she had the MOST delicious recipe for Tomato Basil pie EVER!!! My husband can't get enough of it--I've made it 3 times in the last week and he wasn't too happy when we had company and had to SHARE it! LOL

5 comments:

Tazzie said...

Prairie points are wonderful, and I love your idea of having them in the middle of the quilt rather than on the outside.
*hugs*
Tazzie
:-)

jovaliquilts said...

So clever to teach the prairie points inside the quilt! It's a really cute piece.

Kairle Oaks said...

I love prairie points, especially on baby quilts. Here in Happy Valley we call it a pico edge...not sure why. :-?

JoAnna said...

Mmmm. Tomato Basil Mozzerella. Your quilt is very lovely. So soft and pretty! It's a great pattern.

~Bren~ said...

I love the quilt with prairie points IN it. What a great idea!!!