Wednesday, February 29, 2012

February's UFO Finish

Wow--by the hair of my chinny chin chin!  Thank goodness it's Leap Year and I got an extra day!

Actually, I did have this done on Monday, but couldn't find time to post it until now.  

This is a sampler quilt I designed for a Beginning to Quilt class I taught last year.  I usually don't quilt my samples until after the class due to the weight of hanging them. It's much easier to hang 'flimsies'.  But it was time to get it done.  

Summertime Fun

Summertime Fun

Summertime Fun close up of Flying Geese block

Summertime Fun block
Fussy Cutting, HST's, 9 Patch

Summertime Fun

I also got a few wallhangings finished over the weekend, although they aren't that old.  I had to do the machine appliqué and then quilt them.  The February and March quilts are from the Calendar book by Kim Schrader.

February Calendar Quilt


  I'm doing a monthly series based on her pattern.  They are a small enough project to get some good technique teaching and practice in and get them done! 

March Calendar Quilt


 I'm working a month ahead to miracles of all miracles happen…we get them done in time to hang in the month they are supposed to! 

Mission Accomplished!


2 comments:

Tracey in CT said...

I love your Summertime Fun quilt! I see a lot of possibilities for using up orphan blocks or theme fabrics in a setting similar to this with a little bit of this, and a little bit of that. What a fabulous idea! Thank you for the inspiration!

Dawn said...

I just love that Sumertime Fun quilt...its so fresh and summery... evn during winter it will cheer... welldone for finsihign it..
Hugs Dawn x x x