Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Scrappy Trip Around the World


Inspired by Bonnie Hunter's (Quiltville) Scrappy TOW, I started one last year and just got around to finishing the top! Sheesh!  It was so easy, why do I wait so long to finish things?  


It's sure bright!  I think it will be a great summer tablecloth!


I only used 12 colors, making 2 different blocks with 6 colors each.

Don't you love the houndstooth in this one?  I sure do..it's so graphic!


I thought I would love the pink zebra stripe a teensy bit better than this. I do like it, but this block wasn't nearly as great as the first one. I think the colors needed a little bit more contrast than what they were. It looked good trying them out!  More quilting knowledge for the future! 

Close up of that great houndstooth!

Finished quilt top--to be put in the growing line up of quilt tops to be finished. 

1 comment:

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE that quilt! I want one just like it!!! Thanks for sharing!