Thursday, March 24, 2011

Everything BUT sewing!

Haven't been sewing nearly as much as I would like. I guess I need to stay home to do that, huh?  LOL  When I am home, it's playing catch up with paper work, house work and other stuff..like taxes. ugh. 


 Which means catching up on bookkeeping. How many others keep on top of it on a regular basis so tax time is a breeze?  I have good intentions, I really do. But then life gets in the way--or better put, there are more fun things in life to do! 



 We are currently re-doing the bathroom upstairs. (I meant to take 'before' pictures--as this was a really dated bathroom, but then got excited that I forgot!)  We completely gutted it, tore out all the walls and started over.(the opening in the back wall will be our small attic access--I'm putting a dresser in front of it). 


 The only thing that remains is the toilet and it was the kind that attaches to the wall and was white, so it could stay.  I've been playing around with the tile design in the shower and here is what I came up with on the back wall of the shower. (The vertical mosaic tile is where the slider bar with the hand held shower goes and the square is the shampoo/soap inset).


The lower half of the wall will be subway tiles, then the cool mosaic tile (which was $628 per box-on sale!  needless to say, I only got one box!),


 then in between the mosaic rows will be 4" white tile..the little squares will really be diamonds as they have 4" tile with a diamond cut out in the center where we will put little mosaic squares.  Above the mosaic tile on top will be another row of subway tile.  As you are looking at this wall, there will be a wall on the left...the same, but with no vertical stripe, and the wall behind you will be a half wall, --where the lower mosaic tile row is will be the height of the wall. 


 We are having a glass wall put on the upper half and then at the diagonal will be a European glass shower door (with no metal).  The shower head wall is 60" and the back half wall is only 40"..so the door will be on the diagonal.  I'm sure this makes no sense to you! LOL  Anyway, that's been consuming some of my time.  We are not actually doing the work, just designing and buying the stuff! 

 We had him put a 'tube' skylight in, it's amazing how much light it brings into a room. This picture was taken on an overcast day, with no other lights on in the room and no flash--and look at the light that comes in!

 There was no window in the bath, so now there is a bit of natural light.  We should be done by Easter, I hope.  At least it's upstairs and out of our way.  When we re-did the laundry room, it was downstairs and a mess!

We removed the door and had a pocket door installed (after we threw the other one away from last year's laundry room remodel--of course!) because I did not want a door slamming against the wall where glass was going to be! 


Now, do yo think I should get back to taxes? LOL  I can get sidetracked SO easily, especially when doing stuff like that.  

No comments: