Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Round Robin quiltlet, up close

I just love how my little quiltlet turned out!  It was really fun working on these this past year.  Forcing us to work outside our comfort zone, in either colors or techniques or styles.  And yet, how they all came together.  Here are better details on mine.


this is my block that started it. I chose "JOY" as my theme (it was my 'word' for the year) and I wanted it done in aquas and lime green.  This is a 4 1/2" unfinished block.



Mary added a reverse appliqued JOY


Cheryl added the fence with a few birds sitting on it...


Lisa added the musical note..saying the one thing that kept running through her head when she got my box was, "I've got the joy, joy, joy, joy down in my heart..." which led her to do the note. The birds were added later by Linda. 


Candy added the next heart with embroidery


Linda added the cute little 3D birds and also the ones on the musical note 


and don't you think this little guy is just.the cutest?  It looks like he tripped and fell..I love it!


Mishelle added the little beads here and there and the borders and then Jeanne quilted it and did the binding.

Thanks Bias Buddies for a job well done!  












No comments: