Sunday, April 03, 2011

Mug Rug Mania

How 'bout those mug rugs?  It took me a while, but I finally got a few done and I can see how they can be addicting. But let me tell ya, they do NOT use up any scraps!  It made barely a scratch in the pile.  Guess I could be making these until the cows came home and still wouldn't use up piles of scraps. 

 Here's what I've done so far..


The table runner that never was....I figured I could make a lot of mug rugs from these fussy cut cardinals.


This is my first foray into the selvage world...I've been collecting them ever since I saw what Karen from Selvage Quilts was doing with hers!  Taking baby steps here... now there is nothing that gets thrown in the trash...evah!  It's a sickness I do believe.  

I made another one, but forgot to take a photo. I had a PJ party and we made these and forgot to take those pictures as well.  I'm either hot in taking photos or not. Seems to be no happy medium.  I'm thinking great little gifts, for no reason!

If you are looking for a basic tutorial, Terri at Sew-Fantastic has a great tutorial....and great mug rug. Man, the possibilities are endless.   Look for links to the Flickr pool or other blogs featuring more mug rugs.  The best thing about them, they are done in less than an hour! Woo hoo!

No comments: