Sunday, January 29, 2012

Sample sewing

It's that time of year again....getting all my samples done for Spring. Actually, this is later than normal as I decided to take January and part of February off and head south...where it has been deliciously warm! I love it! Sure makes it more enjoyable to sit and sew, looking out at bright sunshine and taking the afternoon walk to stretch the legs and back.  Especially when I have 11 quilts (ok--some are just blocks) to make!

Here is what I've been working on...


This is a fabric line from a few years ago...Oz by Sanae (Moda).  I had just a FQ bundle that hubby bought me and thought I would wing it on the border...more on that later....


sewing strip sets.....


making cornerstone units


making sashing...


is it ever going to end?


all done but the border...



Ta da! Slide Show (a pattern by Atkinson Designs).  A scrappy border just wasn't going to look right, so a quick internet search yielded just enough fabric for a border and some for the binding. I am loving this quilt, even without the border!


1 comment:

Kim West said...

Though I have never made that pattern, I have always loved it! One of these days...

Yours looks great!