This is a quilt top, Holiday Lights, that I had ALMOST done for about 5 years--geez or even more! I made the piano key borders and somehow must not have done them quite right, because they would not miter properly, so I put it away. Got it out again a few years ago, got frustrated and put it away. Got it out again a few weeks ago and gee--I whacked off the ends, added plain black corners and whaddya know? It's done! I promised myself I would not meander every quilt I got done and I was going to force myself to start challenging myself on the quilting. (I'm still on a learning curve on a mid-arm machine). So for this quilt, I tried some of the rulers--hmm, not so good yet, but I did get the straight ruler going for the zigzag in the inner border, did some free hand stuff in the 4patch/sq. in square block--not bad and then smaller stippling behind the light bulbs to make them pop--great, and free handed a ribbon-y vine with holly leaves in the outer border--not bad. The best thing is that it's done and I'm fairly proud of it. :)The next one is my Hopscotchin' with Friends, another Challenge quilt and it's the first time that I ever used a pantograph. I had a little trouble figuring out the placement--and remembered AGAIN how hard it is to follow an exact line with a laser! But I knew that if I just kept my movements fluid and if I swung out too far on a leaf or whatever, no one would know. So--all in all--not too bad! I think it's hard to see my quilting--I use So Fine on the top (it really blends in well--less prone to showing mistakes! LOL) and Bottom Line in the bobbin
I also finished my Kaffe Fassett Stepping Stones--and for crying out loud--all it needed was the outside border! It's loaded on Zoe right now and I hope to get out there tonight or tomorrow and do that one. I'm trying another panto--thanks to Mary for sharing all her resources on the pantos she uses.