Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Finish,cough cough, finish

Finishes in between the coughing. I'm ready to be done coughing--the medicine I am taking is really good about stopping the coughing, but then I find myself on the couch sleeping/snoozing/napping. LOL My choice: no meds, cough my head off--take the meds and sleep half the time! And then I somehow got the OTHER type of flu with it coming out both ends this past weekend. But here is what I got done BEFORE the flu hit last week:
Coral Brick Road..at least 2 years old and all I had to do was add the borders! I quickly finished this one up so I could have it for a practice quilt for my "Zoe" students (I'm teaching others how to use my HQ16 so they can rent my machine). They just did an allover meander and didn't do too bad, considering there were three people doing it. I finished up the binding last week, so it's another 'done' quilt!



This is finally done! I've been working on hand stitching the 'Bubbles' with a utility stitch using different variegated Perle Cotton threads. I'm going to keep it here for my newest granddaughter. All the grand kids have their own quilt when they come to Nana's. Here's a close up of the stitching. It was hard to determine where to stop! :)This is a quilt that a student request I teach. She really wanted to learn how to do the lettering. So I taught the class and showed them how to make their own lettering and personalize their quilts. This was a free pattern here. "Nana's Sweet Shoppe"And a close up of the machine quilting. I used Superior's MonoPoly Thread and did a 'wood grain' design in the bookcase. And my last Stashbusting report: (geez--I'm getting later and later doing my report!)

Stash busted last week: 11 1/2 yards (mostly for backings and bindings)

Stash purchased last week: 0

Total Stash busted YTD: 218.5

Total Stash purchased YTD: 9

Net total busted: 209.5 yards!


4 comments:

loulee said...

Beautiful quilts, I love em.

I do hope you're feeling better soon, take care, plenty of fluids.

Helen in the UK said...

Sorry to hear that your cough is causing you problems ..... but you're certainly being productive!! Love the quilts you've finished :)

Nana's Quilts said...

You poor thing. It's really lousy to have nice weather and feel rotten (I think). I do really like the "bubbles" you stitched. Been busy with this and that, and a teensy bit of sewing. Perhaps today - although the motorhome generator died and I may have to go retrieve it later on - from the fix-it shop. Alas!

Feel better soon!
Marne

bingo~bonnie said...

ooough that close up quilting looks like Oak wood grain! Nice job! :) What a great idea of Nanna's sweet shop! :)

Love from Texas! ~bonnie