Monday, May 12, 2008

Some stash busting and finishes!


I finished putting the label on this quilt this morning for my secret pal in a group I'm in. Our final meeting for the year is this week and I'm leaving in about 20 minutes for a week in sunny SC! I'll be glad to get out of the rain here. Although it's making everything pretty, it's getting a bit soggy.
I also got another top quilted, or rather my "Zoe" students did. :) I had another class teaching others to quilt on my HQ16 and they used it for practice. I hoped to get the binding on this past weekend, but didn't get it done. I also finished another baby quilt..but will have to post that next week when I return.
Stash Busting:
Stash busted this week: 4 1/4 yards (for backings/bindings/borders)
Stash in this week: 0
Stash busting for the year: 207 1/4
Stash in for year: 9
Total net busted for year: 198 1/4

4 comments:

Sweet P said...

I love the setting you used in the quilt! It's fantastic. Your kitchen is great too.

ForestJane said...

Ohh, I like the setting too... much more striking than just a bunch of blocks ... bet this would also look good with log cabin blocks. :)

Jeanne said...

Me, three on the setting! There's always a new way to set a scrappy quilt. Yours is wonderful.

bingo~bonnie said...

What a pretty quilt! so bright and cheerful... I've seen the off center setting on quilts before but never with an inner boarder - I like it! :)

Love from Texas! ~bonnie