Saturday, May 10, 2008

Remodeled kitchen--done!

yeah! Kitchen is done and I'm finally getting some pictures up for you to see. I moaned and groaned about it often enough, at least I should share the finished product.
This picture seems a bit dark for some reason. You can barely see my great new refrigerator, a French door top and freezer on the bottom. And my 'induction' cooktop. It uses magnetic energy to cook. You need to use stainless steel pans as the magnetic energy reacts with pan somehow to heat up the food. Not quite sure how it works, but it boils water in less than a minute! You don't need to cook on high anymore (especially with my new pans) and saves a lot of energy.
This is the 'buffet' side. The tall left cupboard houses my 'coffee' station. You open the door and pull out a drawer with the Senseo coffee maker and it has the mugs, coffee, sweeteners, etc. already there. The coffee pot is plugged in, so nothing to move. And no mess on the counter! The glass cupboards now feature my glasses.
This side of the kitchen used to have my Hoosier cupboard, but there was space on both sides of it that was so darn convenient to have full baskets, totes, junk, etc! LOL Now there is no place to put stuff to deal with later, so now I deal with it right away. See all the drawers? I have 40--yes 40 drawers in this kitchen! And there are still quite a few empty ones. My friends make fun of me because I have one drawer dedicated to jello! :)
View from the great room. See the apple green? I finally settled on this color after trying 2 different yellows. I like this color with the black.
I'm hosting a Mystery Day today at my Studio. I have given fabric requirements, cutting directions and some pre-sewing directions over the past month. And today is the day they put all the components together. I made them lunch--Chicken Pasta Salad--yummy recipe, Flat Earth Mixed Berry chips, Blueberry Struesel Muffins, crudites and dip, and individual Key Lime Pies for dessert.
Have a great weekend!


5 comments:

Deb Sews Quilts said...

Your kitchen turned out so beautiful! I love the apple green. Just lovely...

antique quilter said...

I am so jealous! the kitchen is just so beautiful....40 drawers now that is just heaven!
LOL
great color choice btw.
Kathie

Caron at Michigan Quilts said...

What a beautiful kitchen! A little envy here that I will try and deal with. I'd love granite countertops!!!

Caron in Michigan

Tazzie said...

Ohhh Karen, your new kitchen is just gorgeous! How fun to still have empty drawers to fill!
*hugs*
Tazzie
:-)

Pam said...

The kitchen looks fabulous!! Can I say I'm envious?? LOL

I'm sure it must feel so good to finally have it finished.