Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Vacation on the couch

Some vacation--I spent most of it on the couch! I went to SC last week and met my hubby down there with his motorcycle for Bike Week. I spent the first day with my parents and then took them to the airport early the next day and on my way home, I didn't feel well. And it all went downhill from there. :( Fever, chills, terrible coughing. I did manage to piece a quilt that I started YEARS ago though. Every time I felt a little better, I'd get up and sew for 1/2 hour. Over the course of the week, I finally got it done. At least it was nice weather I could see out the window! LOL

This is called "Morning Glory Moda Stars"..a free pattern from Moda using Robyn Pandolph's Morning Glory line. It was a really easy one to do, just lots of little connector squares (over 500 of them!). It would look really neat using christmas fabrics too.

By the way--this is post # 197--I'm thinking that I should do something special for my 200th Blogiversary (sp?), some type of giveaway...I better think of something soon! Stay tuned!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just went through that same awful crud. Two weeks of misery. Unlike you, I didn't have any energy or focus for a week and a half. Sure hope you getting to feeling totally well soon. The quilt you did looks nice. I love the warmth of the tans/creams.

Vickie E said...

Karen, Sorry to hear that you were ill. I guess it's a good thing you had a project to work on a bit. I have been mega busy here and my in-laws are here as Alex and I are going to Vegas this weekend! woohoo...Quiltique here I come! Anyhow, I hope your Memorial Day weekend is better than your vacation.

Anonymous said...

Oh Karen, I feel your pain! I had that crud as well, laid me flat out for 5 days, I have had the cough for 6 weeks and I think it is just about gone now!!
Nice quilt though...I love Robyn Pandolph fabric!

Ruth's Place said...

What a pretty quilt! I hope you are back to 100% soon.

Amy a.k.a. dragonryder4 said...

Such a pretty quilt! You did a wonderful job on it. I hope you get back to feeling great again soon :)

bingo~bonnie said...

I have always liked the morning star pattern from the nickel books and have been collecting nickels ever since... one of these years I'll have one too... love yoru soft colors. Would look great on my bed! ;)

Love from Texas! ~bonnie

Anonymous said...

I have always been enthralled with the Morining Glory series of fabrics. Is there any one out there that has fabric they want to spare, no matter the size. I am especially interested in the aqua/light blue series. Please contact me at patdeziel123@yahoo.com.

Pat