Sunday, July 13, 2008

the beach is calling.......

the Litchfield, SC beach is calling me....and the waves are hollering for me to hop on and enjoy the ride. And so I must follow the sun and the sand................
Actually, I'm going down with my Friday night quilting group, but they already know the process. We sew for a while in the morning (if you get up early enough) and then we must go find sun :) And then sew after dinner...and into the wee hours of the morning. Okay, so that's my routine and that's what makes me happy. And we can all do whatever we want. After they leave, I'll have a week to visit my parents and then my hubby will bring 3 of the oldest grandkids down for a week with us. 2 of them have never been down there with us without Mom and Dad and we have FUN!! So...not a lot of blogging going on....but I'll be sewing no doubt. I have a LONG term project (a Stained Glass quilt) that I would just love to finish. I determined that this is the year to get it done. I had great intentions of doing just one block each time I went there, but that was 5 years ago and I only have 8 blocks done. Wish me luck!
Enjoy your summer!!

3 comments:

sewprimitive karen said...

Cute photo!

Nana's Quilts said...

You must be back by now. We took the grandkids in the motorhome last week-end. Exhausting but quite quite fun!

Now just into some of the usual "stuff" that comes along. And you?

Tot straks,
Marne

swooze said...

Hope you enjoyed your vacation. Can't wait to hear tales of the trip.