Friday, February 06, 2009

February's finish

Editor's note: sorry this got posted earlier without pictures. That's what happens when you try to write a blog in the middle of the night.(that darn PMS....gasp! could it be the start of that "M" word??) I thought I was doing a draft and I would add pictures later. Then somehow I hit 'publish' and didn't even notice it, until I got a comment and I wondered what she was talking about! LOL..so, now I will complete this post!
I finally got the FQ Stars quilt finished that I will send on to Alycia for Quilts of Valor. I feel like I'm finally getting back into a routine again. Until I could get settled down, I have just been working on my WISP's--a journal quilt from last year, a bright log cabin and some Flying geese. I work on these a little bit each day. Some of the quilts that are a bit tedious I find are better done in Baby Steps. I don't get bored, but I sure don't make quick progress! I was also working on my Scrappy Diamonds, but I have finally got all 174 Diamonds made. Now to turn it into a quilt! LOL

Today is so warm (well, it feels warm compared to what it has been) and our snow is slowly melting away. I took this picture about 1 1/2 weeks ago and now it's almost gone.I really like having snow in the winter, it makes everything look so much better. Now all the melting snow is exposing all the brown stuff...dead grass, mud, leafless trees. I hope this isn't the last of the snow. I figure if it's going to be cold...we might as well have snow. Now the ice..I can do without that!

2 comments:

Vickie E said...

Hey what about a picture? you're killing me with suspense.....

Randi said...

Those are some cool projects!