Sunday, February 01, 2009

Stash busting Report Week #5

Ahh...didn't start out the year too well. :( Since I've been gone so much, I haven't used that much and then I took a couple of new quilter's (old friends--new quilters--yeah!) to a quilt store that is going out of business and everything was 50% off. I knew I shouldn't have tempted myself. And of course, she still had some fabric that I so admired last summer, plus a lime green/white gingham in the size that I have been looking for and I broke down. I ended up with 10 yards. Good for me in the older days of past. I'm not going to beat myself up over it, but wish I could have said no anyway. It's over, I'm home for a while and hopefully will start using more stash again! I did finish a large wallhanging and the base unit for it, so I got my finish in for the month. But I already counted that material, and the other ongoing projects were using scraps, and I don't count those used in my reports. They are just too small to count and besides, I'm rescuing them from the trash can and not stash! LOL

I did avoid the Super Bowl Sunday sales--obviously I'm much better staying at home!

This week in: 10 yards
This week out: 0 yards


YTD in: 10 yards
YTD out: 6 1/4 yards
Total busted YTD: (3 3/4 yards) --wow--that's the first time I've ever been in the negative area! Better get busy! :)

1 comment:

Donna said...

I hit the negatives this week too. Some sales shouldn't be passed up. You'll have positive numbers again in no time.