Thursday, August 17, 2006

Challenges


I'm doing pretty well on my 1-Hour challenge. (These aren't ironed yet.) I hesitated to post my picture because everyone is using such pretty fabric. I went one step further and am using scraps. I found 144 HST's, almost the right size. Dilema...do I use these even if they are fairly plain? Or cut into my pretty stash, gulp! I opted to preserve my stash a little bit longer and use those scraps up, I mean it was a sign that they were the right size, wasn't it? So, mine aren't as pretty as everyone else's, but someone will love it. I don't know how long this 1 Hour Challenge is going to last, but I plan on making that my Charity Hour. That way I'll be sure to get things done for charity. I do plan on using "prettys" too for charity. I don't want think people to think I'm just giving away all the uglies. But I'm halfway done with the blocks. I'm doing the 24 block quilt.

On the Take the Leap Challenge by Tonya, I haven't started making mine yet. But I will. And I plan on using my X's and O's for a Breast Cancer charity quilt. My Quilt Studio is one of the locations that will be participating in Quilt Pink Day and I plan on using these in all pinks/whites for that quilt. It's not until Sept. 30.

14 comments:

Kim West said...

who says your fabric isn't pretty??? I love the colors!!!

quiltpixie said...

I don't think the fabric is plain either.... In fact I'd say it was a wise use of scraps -- not adventursome, but you don't always have to be :-)

Linda C said...

you meant for that one block to be a different color, right? After the flamingo's I'm just asking

Mary Johnson said...

I've got a couple bundles of pink that I'm planning to use for a Quilt Pink Quilt. I'm planning on working on it during September and sending in a finished quilt rather than participating at a shop.

Scrappy quilts are my favorite so I'm sure your Hour Quilt will look great.

Passionate Quilter said...

linda j--TOO funny! Yes, that was done on purpose--well, actually I was short that one color and I could have just not used the 3, but I kind of liked how it looked a bit "maverick". Boy, I'm going to get a reputation now!

Melzie said...

I think your blocks look just fine :) Some of the prettiest quilts come out beautiful in the end! Just wait and see ;) xoxo melzie

Nancy said...

I'm not sure what's supposed to be so ugly about those fabrics. You can send your uglies to me anytime!

Passionate Quilter said...

well, I guess ugly was a pretty strong word. But compared to the new stuff and all the brights, Kaffe fabrics, etc. it seems pretty dull. But I know it will turn out okay. And you want MORE stash? LOL

Cher said...

I think these blocks are great as they are.

Tonya Ricucci said...

Sometimes it's not that the fabrics are uglies, just that you are bored with them - that had definitely been my bugaboo. I love that strong red and I have a preference for blocks that mix it up a bit just like this!

No worries on getting started on the Challenge - there's no time limit. Very worthy cause. Hope you'll share pics from the day.

Susan said...

I think the blocks look fine. The maverick will be great - think about women 100 years from now discussing why you did that. =)

Anonymous said...

I think it's great - I love the odd red triangle! The quilting will really make this a fantastic quilt - don't be discouraged.

Shelina said...

This is great fabric, and not plain either. I like how you mixed and matched the colors. And if you do think they are boring when you are done with them, you can add more colors with the sashing.

Hanne said...

Your churn dash blocks looks good and when you have put the next round on they will look even better :-)