Sunday, August 27, 2006

NEW QUILT STAMPS!!

When I stopped at the Post Office on Friday, the Postmaster could hardly wait to show me the NEW quilt stamps that are now out. The Quilts of Gee's Bend are now available. He was a little short supplied on Friday, so I could only get one booklet. Apparently sales are down, and they are limited on how much inventory they are allowed to have. The Postmaster is quite the "take me back to Mayberry" kind of guy. I got to know him real well during the Y2K days (anybody remember those days?). I was in there a LOT! He finally asked me what was going on and when I told him, he wanted to be in my quilt! So, the next time I went in, he postmarked and signed his name on a "siggy" block and he is now immortalized in my first Y2K quilt (yes, I did more than one).

But I got at least my "frameable" set. Although I might need to get two, as they only come in the little booklets now and I would need two to show both sides. That's kind of a bummer. I found my sheet from?? (whenever the stamps were 34 cents--like last year or something! LOL) I have the old sheet of the basket stamps, but I can't quite put my hands on it at the moment. I put them in a VERY safe place. And if anyone knows me at all, they know they are even safe from ME! I'd like to frame them all together.

8 comments:

quiltpixie said...

wonderful stamp collection...

Susan said...

I can check tomorrow to see if I can get extras. I don't think anyone here will be really lining up to buy them. DH brought me a set on Friday when he stopped at the PO.

Gail said...

Isn't it amazing how many very safe places there are in each home? And how we can never locate them, but a burglar would in a split second. I have so many of those places, and I can't even remember what I have hidden anymore!

Anonymous said...

Love the stamps. Isn't it nice quilters are getting the recognition they deserve.

Cher said...

fun quilt stamps...I use them on mail I send to other quilters...

Linda C said...

I knew they were coming of course--first from one of the blogs and then emails but haven't seen them in person yet. I bet I will get a similiar reaction from the post office personnel when I do go though.

I've got a group of the main designs on the first bunch of quilt stamps in my desk--why I didn't get a whole sheet and NOT use them I don't know.

KC Quilter said...

I just got my Gee's Bend stamps the other day too--after weeks of bugging the people at the post office! And I have a sheet of those 34-cent stamps too. I would love to know a good way to display them in my sewing room.

Susan said...

I can get all I want. I bought 3 today, if you wind up needing one.