Monday, August 14, 2006

Happy Days


What a glorious, perfect weekend! It was sunny, blue skies, pleasant temperatures, no humidity, what more could you ask for? And to make it better, my hubby didn't work the whole weekend! He owns his own business and is generally a workaholic, but he ended up with free time! Yeah! We painted all our green shutters, doors and trim black. Not only did it freshen everything up, it changed the look of our house! AND it only took us Sat. AM to do most of it! We have a few more small things to do, but for the most part, it's done! We went porch furniture shopping, but not too much luck. We should have been doing that in May! Oh well, next year. Yesterday was spent biking (as in motorcycle)and visiting with friends. Just an overall pleasant day.

My picture is called "Happy Sunflower"--no real reason except it just makes me happy to look at it, hence the name. I was asked to enter some quilts into an Art show at our local University a couple of years ago and have them for sale. Well, I didn't have anything small enough, so came up with some wallhangings. This is one that didn't sell, but I'm glad, because I liked it.

8 comments:

Gail said...

I like it too - good thing I'm no where near you cause I would have bought it!

quiltpixie said...

love the wall hanging -- particularily how you quilted the sun in rather than made it a dominant feature with fabric...

ForestJane said...

That turned out cute!

I like sunflowers, but haven't made a quilted one yet. :)

Tonya Ricucci said...

That IS a happy quilt. Nice bit sunshine on your wall.

Hanne said...

I really like your sunflower - it is a happy quilt.

Anonymous said...

It's a really nice quilt. Thank you for sharing it with us.

Laurie Ann said...

I love that sunflower! So creative, I am envious!

Shelina said...

That is a cute sunflower. And if it makes you happy, you should be keeping it anyway.