Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Missing pictures

This is the Flamingo Lounge quilt that I'm working on for our retreat. I have to add the black part of the beaks and my funky border. My mom wanted to know why I'm doing so much work on a quilt just to display at the retreat? who knows--cuz I thought it was fun? I might even host a retreat for my students with that theme. You can kind of see her quilt that's on the bed. It's not close to being done, so will post that when it's done. I let her sew on my Featherweight. I still guide her hands, but she is now doing the foot pedal. She loved it--and thought that machine was meant for her. It's so cute and so small, she didn't feel intimidated by it at all.


This is my precious little granddaughter carefully cutting out designs to add to her quilt. She is ready to go to the pool, as you can see. She has her swimsuit and goggles on so we can leave at a moment's notice! And now she is showing off her missing teeth. Hard to believe she is only going to start kindergarten and has lost 5 teeth already! She had a late birthday, so missed the deadline last year to go. She is MORE than ready to go.

10 comments:

Susan said...

I don't know which is cuter- the quilt or the girl!

Melanie said...

I love the flamingo quilt!!!! My daughter would fight you for it...way too cute. Make sure you post a finished picture.

Melanie

Gail said...

Love the flamingo quilt- really neat! And isn't teaching the granddaughter's to sew the greatest!?!

Linda C said...

Hard to say who is having more fun--you or your precious granddaughter.

I love that she is wearing both her swimsuit and goggles. That girl is prepared!

The Calico Cat said...

neat flamingo quilt! (commercial pattern?)

Patti said...

I'm not usually "turned on" by flamingos, but your quilt is different that most of what I've seen and very charming!

Hanne said...

Cool flaming quilt and lovely granddaughter. I love the way she is prepared for swimming, with googles and all.

Fabricmom said...

I love the flamingos...very creative. Cutie patutie grand daughter. That is so great you have someone in your family that wants to learn from you.

Tonya Ricucci said...

The flamingo quilt is looking great. Just having such a fun happy quilt is reason enough to make it.

Anonymous said...

Karen, where oh where did the flamingo pattern come from? I saw a finished one on Flickr recently, and I fell in love! Yours looks wonderful!!