Tuesday, August 22, 2006

quick report on retreat



The retreat was a blast--as I expected it would be. Lots of laughing, sewing, eating, gabbing, watching Michael Buble and little sleeping. Oh well..there's always time for that later! Update on my pj's- it wasn't the front of my jammies that were upside down, it was correct on one leg and wrong on the other--on both sides! sheesh! I figured out what I did. When I folded my fabric so it would be going the right way--duh, I folded it in half--guess what the other half did? yep, went upside down. So I didn't place my pattern piece wrong, I folded it wrong! You can tell it's been a while since I've sewn clothing! Oh well--just made for more fun--talking about how goofy I am!
I've been busy getting my class samples done for my Open House at my Studio this weekend, since I didn't get 15 done at the retreat! :) Just kidding--I didn't have that many to do, but more than I should at this time. I'll just do what I can and can the rest! So, I'm sewing more than one hour a day--just not on Judy's quilt. I'll pick that back up next week. In the meantime...back to work....I love it that my work is quilting! *G* The first one is our group picture, (I'm in the middle) minus one person. By the time she showed up, one of the others had already crashed. And then we decided that after a long weekend, we didn't look so good to take another picture.

8 comments:

quiltpixie said...

love the pink boa, and looking forward to hearing more about the retreat :-0

Linda C said...

well we knew those mingos were going to be flying every which a way---probably made for some good giggles. Everyone should have hot pink boas to go with those bright jams.

Tonya Ricucci said...

Looks like a blast. You made the jammies this way on purpose so that YOU could see some of the flamingos the right way up! Much better than admitting a mistake heh heh heh.

Hedgehog said...

I have two pairs of pjs where the fronts go down and the backs go up! Looks like a fun retreat!

Patti said...

What a great picture! Looks like everyone is having a blast. Retreats are the best aren't they! I sure wish my job was quilting!

Anonymous said...

glad you enjoyed the retreat so much!!

Shelina said...

You can just tell everybody you did it that way on purpose so that you could see the pattern too.

Susan said...

They're jammies, who cares what they look like? =) The retreat sounds great! Hope all your samples are ready to go.