Thursday, August 17, 2006

Sitting in the corner with the dunce cap on...

I'm hiding in the corner right now, feeling quite the dunce actually. I hate to admit it, especially to all that wanted to know where I got my fabric (at JoAnn's, btw) but when I was making my pajama bottoms, I caught myself almost making them with the flamingos going sideways! Patting myself on the back, I proceeded to re-fold the fabric and cut them out so they are going the right way. Well, kind of. The back of the pants is correct. The front of the pants??? well.....they are going the right way for ME to see them! Meaning, I turned my pattern around and now they are upside down to everyone else! I thought about crying, but that won't fix it. Hmm, my options:
1. go get more fabric. Nope, can't do that. I bought the last of the bolt for one and secondly, I am in a fabric Depression and no fabric buying allowed.
2. ditch the whole thing and not make them. Nope, I REALLY wanted flamingo jammies.
3. Make them shorter? duh, like that is magically going to turn those babies around? silly, I know, but it briefly crossed my mind. I mean when you are desperate- you HAVE to think of ALL the options. Okay, so that wasn't an option...
4. sew them like they are and tell everyone I did it on purpose because I wanted to see my flamingos too--they would just have to look at my back end if they wanted to see them correctly.
What did I choose? #4--I figured what the heck....we are going for semi-tacky as it is...yeah..that's it--that's my story and I'm sticking to it. Ah, the messes I get myself into...and sadly blogger tried really hard to post my picture--but I think the guy inside my computer that puts those pictures up was laughing so hard at my jammies, he hit the wrong button...so now all of you just have to use your imagination...

5 comments:

Kim West said...

toooo funny - I can't wait to see the jammies!

Anonymous said...

hee hee - but we want pictures!!! Done the same thing myself when I used to make PJs LOL :-)

quiltpixie said...

you missed an option: 5) add some pink ruffles -- maybe you'll distract the viewer's eye --- OK, not much of an option :-)

Passionate Quilter said...

hey, quiltpixie--that's a great idea! If I'm tacky already--what's a little more? I could do lace too..

Linda C said...

I like the option 4--everyone makes mistakes, you cannot fix it so might as well "tell" on yourself and all have a good laugh. Might be kinda fun to see just how long it takes anyone to notice that they are sideways.