Thursday, August 25, 2011

#8 in 10 in 10 done! Hexagons

#8- Hexagons
Hexagons
Whew--I'm wearing down...can I make it to the end?  I sure hope so.  I had to throw in putting up corn today, making cake balls for the Open House and clean my sewing room.  Stopping to take time to those dropping quilts off for the Quilt Show and the day is buzzing by fast.  

This was made with one of the FQ packs that my hubby gets me every year from Fat Quarter Shop. I love all the prints..they are so rich in color. 


One thing I decided to do was cut off the points on the sides.  I decided I didn't want to deal with the binding on all those points. I didn't think it added that much to the quilt.  But then I had some scraps and heaven only knows I hate to waste fabric!  So I took the cut off points and appliqued them to the backing, in the seams.  I kind of like it. 


and for close up...



You know, it's the backings that is taking up some of my time!  Creating something interesting takes time! :)  But it's so worth it. 

Two more days......I wonder what they would think if I took a quilt to bind during my meeting?  Hmmm,  I'm the Secretary..kind of hard to take notes and sew at the same time!  

Note to Demanding Doll.....if I EVER find that evasive cleaning fairy--I'll be more than happy to share! :)


2 comments:

Carol said...

It is so wonderful! The back is just the BEST! You could take a little tape recorder to your meeting, tape the minutes and you could bind away! LOL!

Melissa ;-) said...

I just love that quilt!!