Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Working on Samples...

Edited note:  guess what I found in my DRAFT file?  I thought I posted this and didn't..so am doing it now. oops. forgive me. the heat has been unbearable this summer, rendering my brain useless. 

and the story continues...

Getting a line up on new classes keeps me sometimes busier than I want to be!  But it's fun to try out new fabrics, try new patterns or ideas and keep it all fresh not only for my students, but for me.  I'm trying something a little different this fall.  First of all, I'm making up kits.  I went out on a limb and purchased 10 bolts of fabric for re-sale and it hasn't exactly flown off the shelves.  They all clamor for kits. So...kits it is.

The second thing is I'm making smaller projects, instead of a lot of bigger size quilts.  It's just so hard for everyone to get them all done.  So, if we make smaller projects...as in pillows...they might get them done. And get a chance to try out a new technique without being fully invested, fabric OR time, in a technique they will not like.

and for a little teaser of what I'm working on...




No comments: